Welcome to the Orc wiki!#
This site is maintained by the Orc community: that means you! If you don't find the answer you were looking for here, please add it to the Wiki once you have found it. Use the menu at the left to navigate.
Were you looking for the main Orc project site?
- Create a new account so you can edit pages.
- For testing things, try the SandBox.
- For a quick look on what Wiki is, check out OneMinuteWiki.
- For a guideline on good working habits with wiki, see WikiEtiquette.
We have released version 2.1.1 of Orc, a minor update. This release makes no language changes. The release does improve the Orc Eclipse plug-in and extends the standard library slightly. In addition, significant work has gone into improving the underlying implementation.
There are multiple ways to run Orc:
1. Use our Try Orc ( https://orc.csres.utexas.edu/tryorc.shtml ) feature to experiment with Orc in your Web browser.
2. Use the Orc plug-in for Eclipse, available as "Orc" on the Eclipse Marketplace. (In Eclipse, use the menu item Help > Eclipse Marketplace) If you already have the Orc plug-in for Eclipse installed, use the Check for Updates menu item to get the update.
3. Orc is also available as a standalone JAR which you can use to run programs on the command line. You can download the release archive from GitHub at https://github.com/orc-lang/orc/releases .
--The Orc Language Research Team