Version 0.9.6 Released#
The goal of this release is to get important bugfixes and enhancements released before we embark on a significant refactoring of the engine to make it more extensible.
Highlights of this release:
- Improved prototype type checker and type annotation syntax: now actually usable for most real programs.
- withLock, rangeBy, altMap, joinMap, seqMap functions added to stdlib.
- types which can be tested for structural equality are registered in a set which can be augmented by user libraries.
- Prototype runtime (dag, token, etc) support for transactions.
- Prototype implementation of nestable and independent logical timers.
- Set, Map, and Array support site call notation for reading and
- Compiler service works correctly.
- Web service examples work correctly.
- Compiles and runs under JRE 1.6 (Java SE 6).
- The "unguarded recursion checker" handles semicolon correctly.
- Fix bugs with foldr1 and range in stdlib.
- Fix bug with using immutable values as keys in Map and Set.
- Publish patterns (">!x>") no longer supported; use " >x> ( x | ... )" instead.
- Stdlib "por" and "pand" take lists instead of two arguments.
- "sequence" stdlib function renamed to "seq".
- Left and Right datatypes no longer included in stdlib.
- Tokens are no longer pooled; speed benefit is not significant enough to justify memory wastage.
- Failed pattern matching in definitions causes an error message.