Version 2.1.0 Released#
Orc 2.1 is a new revision of the Orc implementation. This release is backward compatible with all Orc 2.0 programs, however it does have a few language improvements and extensions. In addition, significant work has gone into improving the underlying implementation.
See our Downloads page for detailed instructions on how to download and use Orc within Eclipse, locally within your Web browser, or from the command line.
- Support for virtual clocks.
- Optional declaration-expression separator "#" added that disambiguates the end of a declaration.
- InvokeExecutable class in the standard library allows Orc to spawn OS processes.
- Sites added to the standard library: zipWith, listToJavaList, listToArray.
- Support for Unicode escapes in Orc strings.
- Updated Scala dependency to 2.10.
- Fix blocking on strict site call arguments; if any argument halts the entire call will halt regardless of the state of other arguments.
- Improved runtime error messages.
- Documentation of the Orc standard library has been expanded and improved.